Don’t miss out, volunteer applications for Reading are open now
Bulk up your CV, meet new friends, make unforgettable memories and experience everything Reading Festival has on offer.
Well, keep on reading because we’re about to hook you up. Campsite and Arena volunteers play a huge part in creating the amazing atmosphere Reading Festival is known for.
When you volunteer with us you get loads of free time to enjoy the music, gain live event experience, meet like-minded new people and that all important reference for your CV.
Gimmie some more perks
Ok, keep your wig on. You’ll also get access to staff camping, complete with cafe, toilets, hot showers and most importantly; you’ll have an amazing time you’ll never forget.
I’m interested, what exactly do I have to do?
We’re glad you’re taking this seriously and asked.
Our volunteers help with all sorts at Reading, including:
- Providing information including directions, facilities, and performances, to ensure the festival goers have the best weekend possible
- Working in the festival’s campsites, arenas, on gates, fire towers, and wristband exchanges
- Being proactive and alert to any potential problems e.g. a build-up of litter or faulty facilities
- Promoting crime awareness and crime prevention to the public
- Helping festival goers carry their belongings and pitch their tents
- Working with onsite teams to ensure medical, fire and security issues are dealt with promptly and safely
- Helping to prevent overcrowding and on hand to monitor crowd safety
- Assisting the public to create an environment where they feel safe