We've got some conditions that you need to know about before you come to the festival. Have a read of what you can't bring below; our Confiscation Policy is important. It helps us to keep the festival safe and makes sure that all of you guys have an awesome time.
Remember to check out our Festival Terms and Conditions before you pack for the event.
Any items we take away from you will be destroyed and not returned after the festival, so please don’t bring anything that we list below if you don’t want to lose it!
The following items cannot be brought into the festival through the campsite gates – that means they’re not allowed on our festival site at all:
- Aerosols over 250ml
- Air horns
- Alcohol in the possession of under 18 year olds
- All gas canisters of any size (including nitrous oxide)
- Any goods for unauthorised trading
- Any goods with unauthorised Reading/Leeds Festival logos
- Any items which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
- Audio recorders
- Chinese lanterns
- Excessive amounts of alcohol
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes
- Excessive amounts of food
- Glass bottles, jars, containers
- Illegal substances
- Legal highs
- Portable laser equipment and pens
- Sound systems – this includes any equipment with speakers
- Unauthorised professional film or video equipment
- Unofficial tabards and reflective jackets
- Firewood and Alcohol after 6pm on Sunday evening only
If you bring any of the above items into the festival, they will be taken away from you.
You may be body searched when entering and leaving the festival site. This is in line with crime reduction strategies with Thames Valley Police. Anyone suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities at the festival may also be searched.
As stated in our list above, excessive amounts of food, cigarettes and alcohol will be refused entry to the site. Please only bring enough for just you and your friends.
No animals are allowed at the festival at all, apart from registered guide dogs.
We often get asked about what is allowed as we know the above can seem daunting and confusing, so we’ve made a helpful guide below of what will be allowed through our campsite gates:
- Aerosols less than 250ml
- Alcohol (not allowed in glass bottles) in the possession of over 18yr olds
- Disposable BBQs
- Firelighter stoves
- Fitted gas canisters/cylinders in campervans
- Green Heat base camp cooker
- Methylated spirit stoves + one spare small bottle of meths spirit
- Solid fuel stoves
While the short list above are allowed into our campsites, there are some which are not allowed into the Arena where the stages are. These are as follows:
- Disposable BBQs and permitted cooking stoves (see below)
- Drinks bottles **
You can either take these items back to your tent or use the left luggage facility near Reapers Bridge. If you refuse to do either, these items will be taken away.
** Sealed plastic water/soft drinks bottles 500ml and under; and food for personal consumption may be brought into the Arena.
Cameras are normally permitted for personal use. This now includes digital cameras with a detachable lens. Professional cameras and video/audio equipment are not allowed. Live video/audio recordings made without the permission of the artiste/promoter are are also forbidden.